What Is the ALL INside Initiative?
ALL INside is a first-of-its kind initiative to address unsheltered homelessness across the country. On May 18, 2023, federal, state, and local leaders came together to launch ALL INside, including Ambassador Susan Rice, the president’s domestic policy advisor; Veterans Affairs Secretary Denis McDonough, the chair of USICH; USICH Executive Director Jeff Olivet; and mayors and other elected officials from across the country.
ALL INside is a key part of All In: The Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness, which set a bold goal to reduce homelessness 25% by 2025 and ultimately build a country where every person has a safe and affordable home.
How Does ALL INside Address Unsheltered Homelessness?
The White House, USICH, and the 19 federal agencies that make up our Council are partnering with select state and local governments (see full list of communities below) for up to two years to strengthen and accelerate local efforts to help people move off the streets and into homes where they can recover from the trauma of homelessness and rebuild their lives.
For each of the six communities, the Biden-Harris administration will:
- Embed a dedicated federal official to accelerate locally-driven strategies and enact system-level changes to reduce unsheltered homelessness.
- Deploy dedicated teams across the federal government to identify opportunities for regulatory relief and flexibilities, navigate federal funding streams, and facilitate a peer learning network.
- Launch new efforts to address major barriers to housing, health care, and other support for people experiencing unsheltered homelessness. (Read the USICH press release to learn about federal agency-specific commitments.)
- Convene philanthropy, the private sector, and other communities to identify more opportunities for support and collaboration.
ALL INside Communities
ALL INside in Action
- HUD Cuts Red Tape to Speed Up Housing Vouchers in Los Angeles
- Denver Joins Biden-Harris Administration’s ALL INside Initiative to Tackle the Unsheltered Homelessness Crisis
- Denver Achieves Historic Success, Houses 1,000 People
For more on ALL INside, contact USICH Director of National Initiatives Beverley Ebersold.