How to Search for a Solution
There are several different ways to search this database, using one or more of the following criteria:
- Search by Population: You can search for practices or programs that serve Veterans, Families with Children, Youth, or people experiencing Chronic Homelessness.
- Search by Location: If you are looking for profiles of programs in your state or community, you can search by location.
- Search by Plan Objective: All of the solutions in the USICH database are connected to the goals and objectives of Opening Doors: Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness. You can use the search function’s drop-down menu to find a list of plan objectives, and look for practices or programs that work to achieve each objective.
If your search doesn’t yield solutions that match your interest, try including fewer specifications. For example – if you don’t find solutions to address family homelessness in your state, try searching for all profiles of solutions related to family homelessness.
The keyword search box will allow you to perform basic boolean searches. Below are some examples of how to refine your searches to find the most relevant information.
- A search for Housing First will match both "Housing First" and "First Housing"
- A search for "Housing First" (including the quotes) will only match "Housing First"
- A search for -Housing First will match "Housing" but not "Housing First" or "First Housing"