For more information on how PHAs can help end homelessness, visit the following resources
- HUD Public and Indian Housing: Ending and Preventing Homelessness – HUD’s webpage consolidating guidance and resources for PHAs on how they can help end and prevent homelessness.
- CSH’s PHA Toolkit – The Corporation for Supportive Housing’s PHA Toolkit is a guide to how PHAs can work with service providers to create supportive housing opportunities for the people who need them most.
- Council of Large Public Housing Authorities’ Housing Authorities: Essential Partners in Ending Homelessness- Housing authorities have always assisted households previously experiencing or at risk of homelessness through housing subsidies that enable extremely low-income households to afford their homes. As demonstrated by the work in this CLPHA publication, housing authorities are truly essential partners in ending homelessness.
USICH Blogs on PHAs and Homelessness
- Grit and Ingenuity: Necessary Ingredients by Barbara Poppe, Executive Director, USICH
- Public Housing Authorities are a Critical Partner to Supportive Housing by Deborah De Santis, President and CEO, CSH
- Fresno Housing Authority: Working to End Homelessness in their Community by Preston Prince, CEO and Executive Director of the Fresno Housing Authority and the National President of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials’ Board of Governors
- Project-Based Vouchers Can Help End Homelessness: Our Work in Houston by Tory Gunsolley, President and CEO, Houston Housing Authority
- Helping PHAs End Homelessness through Supportive Housing by Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Why PHAs? by Kristy Greenwalt, former USICH Director of Housing Policy