Opening Doors to Innovation: Building Strong Connections to Rapidly House Veterans
On December 4, 2013, USICH and the National Coalition for Homeless on Veterans (NCHV) hosted an informational webinar focused on how providers serving Veterans experiencing or at risk of homelessness can build strong local connections between VA and Continuum of Care (CoC) resources and rapidly connect homeless Veterans to permanent housing.
Coordinated, collaborative, and community-based actions that rapidly connect Veterans to permanent housing, healthcare, jobs, and other supportive services are essential to achieve our collective goal of ending Veteran homelessness by 2015.
- Barbara Poppe, Executive Director, U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Baylee Crone, Vice President of Operations and Programs, National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
- John Kuhn, National Director, Supportive Services for Veteran Families, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Eric Grumdahl, Policy Director, U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Gerald Eckert, Social Services Manager, The Salvation Army, Greater Houston Area Command, Houston, TX
- Jamie Ebaugh, Director of Supportive Housing, Southwest Counseling, Detroit, MI
Tell us what you thought about the webinar. Complete this short survey and let us know more about what is helpful for you and your work to end homelessness.
Coordinated Assessment Resources
- USICH/HUD webinar on Coordinated and Centralized Intake
- NAEH Coordinated Assessment Toolkit (National Alliance to End Homelessness)
- Why Coordinated Assessment is Critical to Ending Homelessness Locally (HUD)